Explore the coastline of Resurrection Bay, paddling along the rocky shore, past a Ghost Forest at Tonsina Creek, and beneath the coastal peaks of the Resurrection Peninsula. Meander on trail under a canopy of hemlock…
Availability: May 19th through September 7th
Escape to Fox Island
If you’d like to get away from town and are looking for both solitude and adventure, then the Fox Island Day Trip is a fantastic option. We use a water taxi for transport across the bay to a little cove on the eastern shoreline, near the Fox Island Spit. The water taxi fits just 6 guests and we do not visit the same location as many of the other large group Fox Island tours. Instead, it’s a day of paddling along dramatic seaside cliffs, learning about intertidal critters, and having your pick from an outstanding array of choose-your-own-adventure paddling options along the verdant Resurrection Peninsula. The timing for this trip varies depending on the water taxi’s schedule, but it typically runs from 9 am – 5 pm. This trip is a favorite of our guides!
Group Tour Info
- These tours are limited to ages 14+
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
- Group tours are capped at 6 guests
- Two-person minimum
Family Tour Info
- Children ages 6+ are allowed
- All parties with children ages 6-13 will be privatized with your own guide
- A minimum of 4 guests is required. Families with fewer than 4, please call us
More Tour Info
Meet at our office at 9am, and we’ll get you to the water taxi by 9:30am. We will have about 45 minutes on the boat ride out to Kayakers Cove, across from Fox Island where we’ll get dropped off. ,From the drop off beach we may head north into Humpy Cove, and enjoy a short walk to a beautiful waterfall. Depending on conditions we might head south and explore the waterworks near God’s Pocket. The scenery on this coastline is spectacular and the wildlife tends to be quite good. Marvel at the mountains jutting straight up from the ocean, and learn about the pillow basalt as you paddle past it. We will finish the trip on the Fox Island Spit where we can check out the tidepools and the ghost forest. Enjoy the 45 minute boat ride through Resurrection Bay as we head back to Seward, typically pulling into the small boat harbor around 4:30pm and back to the shop by 5pm.
For these trips, we ask you to wear synthetic layers of clothing – because cotton and jeans get really cold if they get wet. We also require you to have a waterproof rain jacket and rain pants, as you are visiting a coastal rainforest. If you do not have your own, we rent them at the kayak shop for $10.00 each (read more about why we rent rain gear).
Please wear footwear that will keep you warm, you’re comfortable walking in, and you don’t mind potentially getting a bit wet (closed-toe water shoes, running shoes, and hiking boots are all fine options).
If it is a cold day, we provide pogies (neoprene mitts for your hands while kayaking) which will keep your hands much warmer and more comfortable while you’re out there. You’ll want to be sure to have your own bottle of water, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
You will receive a trip-specific packing list upon booking, so keep an eye out for it in your confirmation email!
- If you cancel more than 30 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will refund you in full minus a $10 per person booking fee for half & full day trips or a $25 per person booking fee for multi-day trips.
- If you cancel 15-30 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file 20% of the total invoice.
- If you cancel 7-15 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file 50% of the total invoice.
- If you cancel within 7 days of your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file the entire amount of your invoice.
For more information regarding our policies, click here.