An inspiring adventure through Kenai Fjords National Park. Explore the coastline, view wildlife, and paddle near Aialik Glacier. If you want a taste of the pristine Alaskan fjords, this is the perfect trip for you.
Availability: May 19th through September 7th
Explore the Coastline and Learn About Resurrection Bay
If you don’t have a lot of time, but still want to get out on the water, see some wildlife and explore the coastline, then our half-day trips might be just what you’re looking for. We offer three different start times for our half-day trips in Resurrection Bay. Each of our half-day trips will meet at our office near downtown Seward, (328 3rd Avenue) and then we’ll drive you to the beach at Lowell Point to launch.
Everyone will be using double kayaks, and your guide will cover all the basics before you even leave the beach. Potentially enjoy some hiking and exploration by foot in the coastal rainforest surrounding Resurrection Bay. The water tends to be calmest early in the morning, so if your schedule allows for it we recommend the 8 am trip.
Group Tour Info
- These tours are limited to ages 14+
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
- Group tours are capped at 6 guests. Large parties will be privatized
- Two-person minimum
Family Tour Info
- Children ages 6+ are allowed
- All parties with children ages 6-13 will be privatized with your own guide
- A minimum of 4 guests is required to book a family tour
Private Tour Info
- Move at your own pace with a Private Tour
- Tailor the trip to your interests with your exclusive guide
- Two-person minimum
More Tour Info
From Lowell Point, your guide will take you along the eastern coastline of the bay – teaching you all about the history of the area, the wildlife, the plants, and the intertidal zone as you go. Your destination will vary depending on the day’s conditions and the speed of the group, but you’ll either end up at Tonsina Point or a small beach just past there. At Tonsina Point, there is a great walk through the coastal rainforest and you’ll enjoy the wonders of the ghost forest.
- What Should I Wear?
For these trips, we ask you to wear synthetic layers of clothing – because cotton and jeans get really cold if they get wet. We also ask that you bring a raincoat and rain pants, since this is a coastal rainforest! We have rain gear for rent at our shop, should you need it.
Your feet might get wet when launching or landing, so please bring footwear that will keep you warm, that you’re comfortable walking in, and that you don’t mind potentially getting a bit wet (water sandals, running shoes, hiking boots, are all fine options).
If it seems like a cold day, we rent pogies (neoprene mitts for your hands while kayaking) which will keep your hands much warmer and more comfortable while you’re out there. You’ll also want to be sure to have your own bottle of water, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
If you do not have your own waterproof rain jackets and rain pants, we happily rent them at the kayak shop. Rain jacket rentals are $10.00 each, and rain pant rentals are also $10.00 each.
- Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel more than 30 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will refund you in full minus a $10 per person booking fee for half & full day trips or a $25 per person booking fee for multi-day trips.
- If you cancel 15-30 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file 20% of the total invoice.
- If you cancel 7-15 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file 50% of the total invoice.
- If you cancel within 7 days of your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file the entire amount of your invoice.
For more information regarding our policies, click here.