An inspiring adventure through Kenai Fjords National Park. Explore the coastline, view wildlife, and paddle near Aialik Glacier. If you want a taste of the pristine Alaskan fjords, this is the perfect trip for you.
Availability: May 19th through September 7th
- Starting at
Kayak the Seward Coastline with our Resurrection Bay Tour
If you don’t have a lot of time, but still want to get out on the water, see some wildlife and explore the coastline, then our half-day trips might be just what you’re looking for. We offer three different start times for our half-day trips in Resurrection Bay. Each of our half day trips will meet at our office near downtown Seward, (328 3rd Avenue) and then we’ll drive you to the beach at Lowell Point to launch.
Everyone will be using double kayaks, and your guide will cover all the basics before you even leave the beach. Potentially enjoy some hiking and exploration by foot in the coastal rainforest surrounding Resurrection Bay. The water tends to be calmest early in the morning, so if your schedule allows for it we recommend the 8 am trip.
Group Tour Info
- These tours are limited to ages 14+
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
- Group tours are capped at 6 guests. Large parties will be privatized
- Two-person minimum
Family Tour Info
- Children ages 6+ are allowed
- All parties with children ages 6-13 will be privatized with your own guide
- A minimum of 4 guests is required. Families with fewer than 4, please call us
Private Tour Info
- Move at your own pace with a Private Tour
- Tailor the trip to your interests with your exclusive guide
- Two-person minimum
More Tour Info
From Lowell Point, your guide will take you along the eastern coastline of the bay – teaching you all about the history of the area, the wildlife, the plants, and the intertidal zone as you go. Your destination will vary depending on the day’s conditions and the speed of the group, but you’ll either end up at Tonsina Point or a small beach just past there. At Tonsina Point, there is a great walk through the coastal rainforest and you’ll enjoy the wonders of the ghost forest.
For all our trips, we recommend you wear synthetic layers of clothing – because cotton and jeans get really cold if they get wet. For our half day trips, we strongly advise you bring a waterproof rain jacket and rain pants, as you are visiting a coastal rainforest. If you do not have your own, we rent them at the kayak shop for $10.00 each (read more about why we rent rain gear).
Please wear footwear that will keep you warm, you’re comfortable walking in, and you don’t mind potentially getting a bit wet (closed-toe water shoes, running shoes, and hiking boots are all fine options).
If it is a cold day, we provide pogies (neoprene mitts for your hands while kayaking) which will keep your hands much warmer and more comfortable while you’re out there. You’ll want to be sure to have your own bottle of water, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
You will receive a trip-specific packing list upon booking, so keep an eye out for it in your confirmation email!
- If you cancel more than 30 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will refund you in full minus a $10 per person booking fee for half & full day trips or a $25 per person booking fee for multi-day trips.
- If you cancel 15-30 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file 20% of the total invoice.
- If you cancel 7-15 days prior to your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file 50% of the total invoice.
- If you cancel within 7 days of your scheduled trip, we will charge the card on file the entire amount of your invoice.
For more information regarding our policies, click here.