Why Choose Us
Here are just a few great reasons why you should choose Kayak Adventures Worldwide for your next sea kayaking tour in the Seward, Alaska.
- Our guides have been through the most extensive training (over 3+weeks) in all of Seward. They all hold Wilderness First Responder certifications, have great local knowledge, and are well trained and practiced in kayaking skills and safety. Our guides all receive at least ACA Level 2 skills assessments and ACA Day Trip Leadership & Kayak Camping assessments. Ask around about other training programs, and you'll see the difference!
- We maintain a small group size to maximize safety, education, and your experience (6 people max).
- We believe that our business profit is secondary to the safety and education of our clientele, the health of the wilderness environment we enjoy and the health & safety of the wildlife we visit.
- Our focus is solely on sea kayaking tours, so we put our energy into running high quality trips. Some companies try to offer too much, and loose the quality of their product in the process. Other companies don't focus on safety or education - they simply want to put people on the water.
- For every person we take kayaking, we donate $2 to the Alaska Wind for Schools program, helping to put wind turbines at remote Alaskan schools and to educate our youth about sustainable energy. Last year we donated over $5,300!!
- We focus on being GREEN - We've been awarded Gold Star recognition through Adventure Green Alaska for sustainable tourism. We are certified by Green Star, are a member of the The International Ecotourism Society, our local Chamber of Commerce, ACVB, AWRTA, ATIA, Leave-No-Trace, and we actively support the local community.
- Every year during the first week of our season we team up with Resurrection Bay Conservation Alliance for our "Celebrate Seward Tours." We offer Seward locals $10 half day tours in hopes to continue to inspire stewardship of our backyard and as a thank you to this amazing community.
- We hold safety, training, and customer satisfaction as top priorities.
- We're conveniently located right downtown in Seward and provide FREE transportation to and from the kayak trip launch site.
- We take pride in using top of the line gear, from Hilleberg tents to PVC free dry bags, our choices are about quality and remaining environmentally friendly.
- Our trips focus on environmental preservation and Leave-No-Trace practices.
- We were chosen to lead film crews from both the Travel Channel and Discovery Channel in Kenai Fjords National Park for work on documentaries.